Structure & Governance
The Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) brings together business and local authorities.
The structure consists of:
- The LEP Board
- The sector groups, which provide a way for businesses to work together and to feed into the LEP Board
- The cross-cutting groups, which bring together the relevant organisations (from private, public, education/training and social enterprise sectors) to tackle particular themes which are key to delivering the LEP Vision
- The LEP Executive consists of the four West of England unitary authority chief executives, three business representatives, and LEP Chair. It overseas LEP operations on behalf of the LEP Board
- The West of England Investment Board oversees an approved programme of schemes consisting of the 4 unitary authority chief executives, 4 business members, and a section 151 officer.
- On behalf the of the West of England business community, the Business Nominations Committee follows an open and accountable process for the nomination and selection of business representatives for those bodies in the LEP organisation that require them. Further information is available on the meetings page.
The LEP is also closely linked, through the Infrastructure & Place Group, with the local authorities’ Joint Transport Executive Committee and Planning, Housing & Communities Board. This work is scrutinised by the Joint Scrutiny Committee. The local authority bodies consist entirely of councillors and papers of these meetings are available elsewhere on this website.