Local Sector Skills Statements
The West of England LEP’s skills priorities for key industry sectors are now available to view.
Findings from the LEP Business Skills Survey – which received 643 responses from local employers (March-June 2015) representing nearly 27,000 staff – have augmented additional local sector knowledge and expertise, plus wider regional and national economic intelligence. Statements have been approved by LEP Sector Group chairs and developed in partnership with sector group representatives and industry body partners such as Creative & Cultural Skills, Construction Industry Training Board, EEF and Low Carbon South West.
Each of the seven Local Sector Skills Statements 2016 – covering the LEP’s five priority sectors plus Construction & Development and Health & Life Sciences – addresses five priority themes to:
- Improve careers education, information, advice & guidance
- Improve the quality and local responsiveness of education and training
- Increase apprenticeship starts and improve access to higher and degree apprenticeships
- Engage SMEs to boost productivity and build capacity for growth
- Promote pathways for employment to enhance equality and diversity in the workforce
Local Sector Skills Statements are available to download by clicking on the images below: