Junction 21 Enterprise Area
Junction 21 Enterprise Area in Weston-super-Mare covers 72 hectares of employment land 'ready to go' with planning permission and access.
Junction 21 Enterprise Area (J21EA) in Weston-super-Mare covers 72 hectares of employment land benefiting from planning permission and site access, with numerous developments having already commenced at each of the J21EA sites.
As well as 'ready to go' sites, J21EA benefits from a highly skilled workforce (47% of residents in Weston work in management, associate professional and technical occupations), as well as excellent transport links including close proximity to the M5, mainline rail connectivity, 8 miles from Bristol Airport and access to Royal Portbury Docks.
Making it happen with landowners and developers with:
- Serviced sites
- Commercial Development Protocol
- Simplified planning process
- Skills and training support
- Joint Delivery Board
'Thriving and growing' - we are already delivering:
- Construction of the Knightstone Housing 40,000sq ft regional office at Weston Gateway. Business Park (WGBP) was completed on 14 May 2013. Internal fit out has commenced and is due to be completed by September 2013: This building was the second largest office development to start on site outside of London in 2012.
- Construction of the £2m Greene King pub restaurant began at WGBP during June 13, forming the next phase of the overall £30m Weston Gateway Business Park development.
- The first phase of offices at Locking Parklands were completed during Spring 2013, with permission in place for a further 14,000sqft office building and a 30,000sqft Innovation Centre.
- Infrastructure works underway at Weston Airfield, opening up the 17ha Weston Business Quarter (WBQ). North Somerset Enterprise Agency started construction of its 20,000sqft managed workspace scheme (including co-located business support) at WBQ during June 2013 with an anticipated opening date of early 2014.
- The North Somerset Enterprise and Technology College (NSETC) was given the green light by the Department for Education (DfE) during May 2013. It is one of more than 100 successful new free school applications announced. The 700-pupil college (expected to be completed by the end of 2014 at one of the J21EA sites), it will have a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) combined with a strong business ethos.
The Enterprise Area aims to deliver 10,000 jobs by 2026. Further information about the above developments and other investments in Weston can be viewed in the 'Weston - thriving and growing' brochure or by visiting the in north somerset website.
For more information or a hard copy of the brochure please contact the Economic Development Service on 01934 426 266 or 01934 426 907, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the links on the right hand side.